Saturday, April 5, 2008

Life Beyond Political Wikipedia

Don't you have something better to do?
I understand that when you live in D.C. then you should be prepared for a lot of political discussions. What I don't understand, is the reason for political debate over a candidates name on Wikipedia!

Wikipedia has become a great source of information, but it lacks the credibility. The content is edited or created by users and has the potential of being false or incorrect. Wikipedia has run into instance where people from a corporation or political party have changed their opponents or their personal page to omit information or change the truth.

After reading about political candidates and the issues that have arisen on Wikipedia, I decided to do some research of my own. I wanted to see if the Wikipedia page on George W. Bush would have any information as to him being booed during the first pitch at Nationals Park. Here's a video of the event:




To my surprise there was no link of any kind on his Wikipedia page about the event. This leads me to believe that you can't find everything on Wikipedia. Then again, I was only talking about politics and have not even covered half of the content on Wikipedia. Are other topics covered the same way politics are?

No comments: