Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday Brings a New School!

Weekend Recap: Didn't do much due to trying to save money until I get paid.
I did venture out to Duryu Park which is beautiful. Then had dinner with the my two Canadian friends (Karen and Jill) that live in the same apartment building as Will.

We had a nice American meal with pasta, salad and cupcakes for dessert. We chatted over diner and decided we try to make plans to go to Japan for Lunar New Years. (Side Note: I am also being dragged into trying Curling while I am here by my Canadian friends.)

Let's bounce to present day Monday! I arrive at my campus to plan for my classes that I will begin teaching this Wednesday. When all of a sudden, my boss comes in and to tell me that I have to leave because I will be teaching at another campus on Mondays and Tuesdays from now on. (Meaning my week is split up into three campuses that I work at.)

I am driven in silence by a gentleman (I can't remember his name!) to another GnB school that is far away. Once I am arrive, I am greeted by the Vice Director Joanne who lived in Australia and speaks English very well. I am told I will be teaching eight classes today and Tuesday. The main objective is to have me work on the kiddies pronunciation. I get to co-teach at this campus. Luckily, I have a teacher that understands English and can speak Korean.

I am being tossed in to classes and I don't know what to do. One of my co-teachers (Milly) has traveled a lot and is a fluent English speaker. She is new to teaching as well which is nice. Otherwise my classes were okay.

It was weird having another teacher in there with me. I keep wondering why they need me if these Korean teachers can speak English. They know Korean and English! Once again, a new school means figuring out what they want me to do.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Carolyn. I am really enjoying your blog. Very helpful in helping me better understand the Korean students that take my class. Thanks for taking the time to post.