Thursday, July 3, 2008

I Dare You To Wake Up. . .


We all have problems getting up in the morning. Question is, does it affect our friends or people on our phone? If you purchase a Tyrant Clock by Alice Wang, then it just might. This clock calls someone randomly from your mobile cell phone every three minutes after the alarm goes off. You can stop it, IF you are awake enough to turn it off.

This seems like the best alarm clock. Sean Fallon agrees and suggests they add message playback:

"Something like automated drunk dialing—only more devastating. For example, record:“Hey sexy, it's me. Listen, I had to call because I had another dream about you last night. I can't get you out of my mind.” The horrifying thought of that message being delivered to your father at 6:00 in the morning is enough to
get anyone out of bed."

I think this alarm could also be dangerous. The worst thing would be if it dialed numbers that are not in your contact list but are numbers that you have previously answered or dialed. For example, you met a guy last night and put his number in your phone. You're not in the least bit interested but you felt bad for the guy and put his number in your phone. You plan on deleting it but forgot to before going to sleep. The next morning, your alarm clock goes off and starts dialing. When you FINALLY wake up, you have ten missed calls and a stalker. (Am I exaggerating? )

How would you explain to people (or your ex) why you called them at 5am in the morning? "I'm sorry, my alarm clock called you! I swear! Why would I call you? . . . No, I don't mean it that way . . . I just. . . I gotta go, my alarm clock is e-mailing people."

If I call anyone by accident from now on, I'm putting the blame on my alarm clock.


[via Engadget]

No comments: